Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Barn Door Tracks on a Budget


So I've wanted an interior barn door track for my hall closet doors. I removed my 5 foot bi-fold doors and currently just have an opening. I searched online and looked at our local home improvement stores for the hardware kits. I've seen several while perusing my new favorite website, Pinterest. Here is the basic look we are mimicking. ---------------->

About 6 months ago, one local home improvement store located them and said when I was ready they could order them. Well a few weeks ago--I went in to order them and they said, "we've never been able to get these". So I was back to square one.

Now I was slightly bothered b/c my husband was READY to do the work but now I had nothing to work with. Online these kits are anywhere from $300-$400! My 'Mr.Fix-It' husband and I went to the hardware store and he said he'd attempt to create one for me.

He purchased:

2-- 2" (1/8" thickness) flat iron--6 ft long You will need a torch
4 --Garage Door Pulleys 3" 2x4 for bending the steel
1-- 1/16th -- 1 1/4 thick Steel Piece of Square Tubing Drill Bits to bore through the steel
1 --can of Hammered Metal Black Spraypaint
56 Washers and Nuts and Bolts

















No comments: